PDA

View Full Version : Some Varied Ideas

Benji
10-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Here's a list of ideas I've had since using the site, in no particular order. Some are stronger than others.

Commission Queue List:
A button/link under the current “Commissions:” status which, when clicked, slides out a list (same style as thumbnail slides) of the artist’s current clients and the status of each commissions. Info can be entered on Commissions page. I recommend having an option to choose % complete rather than a field to enter a string to preserve formatting, and colour coding from red to green depending on completion. 100% could result in green ‘Finished!’ rather than just 100%, to add to the satisfaction of finishing a piece. This will save people having to use their journal/profile info to display their current queue, as many hundreds of artists do on FA.

Commission Request Entry Form:
A separate page that can be found by a button similar to the Follow, Friend, Message and Ignore buttons complete with icon. This would be a customisable entry form, similar to that of Google Spreadsheets’ Form, for users to send in requests for commissions. The completed information would then be compiled into an email and sent to an address specified by the artist (option to hide this email address from view). The form itself would have optional fields for links to reference images, and could also have the option to have fields marked as mandatory and will not send without full completion. I believe that having this easy method of requesting commissions will help both artists and clients alike by making the process smoother. Already many artists are taking to using Google Spreadsheets and it’s Forms to handle commission requests, though this is too complex a tool for many. I also recommend the system send emails rather than form a message in a dedicated inbox on the site, as if the site goes down for whatever reason many won’t be able to work.

Offer Collection Friends Dropdown:
This would mean cutting the entry field for Offer To User under Send Collection Offer in half and placing a second dropdown menu beside it that has a list of the user’s friends inside, for easy selection of what is likely to be a user’s most commonly selected people for Collection Offers.

Offer Collection Autocomplete:
In the remaining Offer To User field, a simple autocomplete that offers a list of all users that have the typed letters in the beginning of their name.

Colour Coded Tags:
Tags added by Ferrets or Admins are displayed with green lettering and can only be removed by other ferrets and admins. Tags added by other users displayed in blue. This will allow easy viewing of who is falling short in their tags if, for instance, required tags are always showing up coloured (and will also subtly show the artist the same thing).

Official/Unofficial Tags:
Precisely as SoFurry’s tags work; ‘Official’ being tags added by the artist (or ferrets/admins) and ‘Unofficial’ being tags added by other users.

Perhaps I’m the only one, but it bothers me that the avatar is slightly smaller than the row of submission thumbnails below it. :|

Streaming Button:
Similar to the Commission Queue List, an option only visible to the user on their own page, next to the Streaming Status, that allows them to set their streaming status with a simple dropdown showing Streaming, Streaming Soon, and Not Streaming Right Now.

More Folders on Userpage:
Perhaps up the limit from three folders to four or five, there is certainly room there on most monitors and can always be reduced as the view of the page is narrowed.

Search Information:
Not all people know how to properly search for tags and will use the search feature just as a google search (like I did). I recommend putting further brief information on the search results page, regarding modifiers and strong search terms.

Search Results Sorting:
Simply an option to sort search results by Most Recent, Most Popular, Most Favourited, etc. This would also be a very welcome feature on the browse pages.

Fiz
10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Official/Unofficial Tags:
Precisely as SoFurry’s tags work; ‘Official’ being tags added by the artist (or ferrets/admins) and ‘Unofficial’ being tags added by other users.

Could you explain this a bit more? I'm interested in this. There's been a lot of suggestions form users on how to improve our tagging system so I want to know what all of these systems mean.

RadioCatastrophe
10-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Pretty much the artists tags are left as they have them after completing the uploading process and then watchers, friends, or random users can add-on to it if they feel it's lacking in tags and it'll be another tag box listed as "Unofficial" underneath the artists tags.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bqcwj4tj1ipby0/OfficialTags_UnofficialTags.png

For some reason the image isn't loading so here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bqcwj4tj1ipby0/OfficialTags_UnofficialTags.png

Benji
10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Could you explain this a bit more? I'm interested in this. There's been a lot of suggestions form users on how to improve our tagging system so I want to know what all of these systems mean.

Pretty much what RadioCatastrophe said. All tags submitted with the image by the artist are listed as 'Official' tags (I'm not certain if the same applies for tags added later by the artist, but it would make sense to have them behave the same way), and any tags added thereafter by other users, followers, friends or whoever are listed as 'Unofficial' in a separate, adjacent area. Pretty much an alternative to my coloured tags idea, but the same principle.

Keblin
02-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Super old thread, but I defiantly agree with the need for a commission queue system, or at least a way to link elsewhere (for those who use online spreadsheets etc.).

Its a shame having to ruin the nice tidy commission price/availability system that weasyl has at the moment with a queue list slapped in a journal or on a profile by the users! Correct me if this has already been implemented somewhere!