PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] What is with the invites?

Tartii
10-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I am very confused. Earlier I was able to invite somebody to weasyl, no problem. Now I am getting a message telling me I must wait two-weeks after registering to invite people.

This is very frustrating, when were these limits suddenly implemented? Why can't we invite?

Mabarial
10-27-2012, 12:30 AM
This just happened to me a moment ago, too. I was able to invite one person, then not even 10 minutes later I suddenly have to wait two weeks. This is very frustrating when I had just asked for an e-mail to invite someone who's been waiting on an invite from me for a while.

Tartii
10-27-2012, 12:38 AM
This just happened to me a moment ago, too. I was able to invite one person, then not even 10 minutes later I suddenly have to wait two weeks. This is very frustrating when I had just asked for an e-mail to invite someone who's been waiting on an invite from me for a while.
Same. I just asked somebody for their email so I could invite them, but suddenly things are being turned around on us. This is making me very suspicious. When you say invites are now open, that doesn't mean open them AND limit them /suddenly/. I really don't want to have cause to doubt the staff, and hope this is a mistake, but I desperately hope this isn't to make people 'donate to join' again, or just to make people more antsy. The sooner invites can go out, the bigger the site can be. So what is the point of this 'wait two weeks' thing?

Kihari
10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Sorry about the confusion. Please try again; we have made some adjustments to the invite system.

Tartii
10-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry about the confusion. Please try again; we have made some adjustments to the invite system.
Thankyou :) I have sent one out successfully.

Mabarial
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Thank you so much!

RadioCatastrophe
10-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Might I ask here, if there will be any indication later as to how many has been used within a months time? Just so people know (who aren't counting) how many are left or when the next 10 invites has come in, also, do invites carry over?

Kihari
10-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Might I ask here, if there will be any indication later as to how many has been used within a months time? Just so people know (who aren't counting) how many are left or when the next 10 invites has come in, also, do invites carry over?

I would like to do a page that makes one's invites browseable by month, listing the date and email address for their reference.

Shane
10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm guessing the wait-two-weeks was re-implemented, because I get the same thing, although I was able to invite a friend and fellow artist last night.

Verona
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I wonder. If you invite a friend, can that friend invite people too? Or is that only for Premium users?

Shane
10-27-2012, 09:12 PM
I was invited, and I invited someone else.

GingerM
10-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I would like to do a page that makes one's invites browseable by month, listing the date and email address for their reference.

That would be awesome - could it also perhaps show the status of the invite? If I emailed an invited but for some reason they hadn't accepted it, I could see it wasn't picked up? In fact, it might be useful to have a way to pull back an invite, too, in case the sender sent it to the wrong address.

I think the status of each should be "Sent" (when the invite is emailed out), "Activated" (when the recipient has used it to register with Weasyl) and "Confirmed" (when they've used the confirmation email and their account is now fully in place). An invitation that was at "Sent" status could be pulled back; "Activated" and "Confirmed" not. Perhaps, if someone activates and doesn't confirm within a certain amount of time, the account can be cancelled, but that would be strictly an administrator function. However, if someone activates but then doesn't confirm and is subsequently cancelled, I think the invite 'credit' should be added back to the person who invited them in the first place.

ETA: related thread: http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1268-A-few-Questions-Regarding-Invite-Page

Mihari
11-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Another question I have regarding invites is when does the 'month' reset for them?

Dowski
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Another question I have regarding invites is when does the 'month' reset for them?

Oh that's actually a really good question. Is it one month since the invite you sent out, or is there like a counter that resets at the end of the month or something?

GingerM
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Oh that's actually a really good question. Is it one month since the invite you sent out, or is there like a counter that resets at the end of the month or something?

I'd like to know as well - is it a month since invites were sent, or does it go by calendar month? Thank you very much!