PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Wall of text

Raul
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Hey there! I have a leetle problem when I try to post up stories. When I upload the .txt file, it appears on the site as just a massive wall of text. I've checked it in notepad and on word and it looks fine. When I see other people's stories they are laid out properly too. I am unsure why I keep getting one massive block of text. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just tried it again with a file in a rich text format, but I got an Internal Server error message. Then I tried uploading a .doc and a .docx file and I got the same Internal Server error message. So then I tried reuploading several different files, all in .txt format, and they ALL appeared as a massive wall of text. It has quotation marks and other characters like that, but there is no paragraph structure or other types of formatting. It is still coming up as just a massive block of text. Which looks poop.

Raul
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Twenty six views and NO ONE can help?

Matt
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey man. Sorry for the delayed response. I think you're running into two separate things here.

At the moment, the site only supports txt files for direct upload, so rtf, doc, and docx will result in an error.

As far as formatting goes, all txt uploads get restructured automatically upon submission which can make things a bit cluttered. To get the most control over formatting, your best bet is to copy your text directly from a text editor like Notepad (not Microsoft Word) into the composition editor on the Compose page and tweak your work there. The italics and font size options can be a bit finicky, but you should be able to space out indentations, or justify, or color your piece how you like.

I hope this helps out. If not, I will try to provide you a fuller response if you can link a submission that has the type of formatting you're looking for along with0 one of your submissions for comparison.

Raul
10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. I shall let you know if everything works out or not.

EDIT: Okay! That works! It's kind of a roundabout way of doing things but at least I can upload my stuff now, so thanks again for the help!