PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Make clicking on a Submission image act like clicking "Download" as well

Spelunker Sal
10-19-2012, 02:01 PM
All the image files are automatically resized when uploading to be optimized for the format of the site, and you must click "Download" below the image to see the full size of it. And that's fine!

However, I would really suggest that clicking the image itself also does the same thing. Or at least enlarges it in the page itself right then and there. I find that the resizing it can make it too small, and I didn't click on "Download" for a while thinking it would just save-as or something, instead of showing you the actual size of the image. I feel clicking on the image itself as doing the same thing would be a bit more user friendly.

Temrin
10-19-2012, 03:13 PM
The enlarging part is mentioned on some other threads, its because of the imaging system they use, i believe, as to why they dont have that. They are looking into finding an alternative.

As for the clicking to download, for now until they do find an alternative, i totally agree with this :D

Bornes
10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I would also like this as well. I had the same "problem" in thinking the download link did something differently.

Ransom
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
As for the clicking to download, for now until they do find an alternative, i totally agree with this :D

I agree too. It'd be a small improvement, in the mean time.

Wuvvums
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
It'd be awesome for those of us who submit animated gifs.

Tiger
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Really great idea, I definitely think it would be a great and handy feature. And yeah, I also thought that download meant saving a file instead of being a full-view button.

DodgerGreywing
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
At the very least, change the text from "Download" to "Full View", since it seems to be a common cause for confusion.