PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Statistics not updating, notifications disappearing

Koneko
10-18-2012, 06:35 PM
hey, I just got my account set up a bit ago, and I noticed a couple problems with my account that I figured you guys may want to know about

I noticed that although I have gained new watchers and added new users to my watch list, the statistics on my front page have not updated and are all still all set to zero, and have read as such for the last hour and a half or so. When I go to the followed users tag, they show up normally, however, and I have cleared my cache as well and the problem persists.

The second issue I noticed was that I noticed I had received some new notifications for new watchers while I was submitting a piece, but as I moved to another page, they disappeared despite me not having clicked them yet, and I had to go back to the previous page to check them.

Hopefully these havent been addressed yet, and if you need any more clarification on one of these please let me know

Kihari
10-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I noticed that although I have gained new watchers and added new users to my watch list, the statistics on my front page have not updated and are all still all set to zero, and have read as such for the last hour and a half or so.

Statistics are cached on our end as well; for higher accuracy we will consider lowering the expiration time on these cached values so that they update more quickly.

The second issue I noticed was that I noticed I had received some new notifications for new watchers while I was submitting a piece, but as I moved to another page, they disappeared despite me not having clicked them yet, and I had to go back to the previous page to check them.

Do you happen to know if the users who followed you later unfollowed you? Doing so removes such a notification automatically. If this is not the case, this is not expected behavior and we will look into it further. Thank you for reporting these issues.