PDA

View Full Version : Collections system suggestion(?)

Zal
10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
While I'm not on Weasyl myself, so for all I know, this may not actually be an issue.

But from what I'm reading about the "collection" system, it sounds like, yeah it would be good at reducing clutter, but I can see some potential issues...

Instead of rewriting a whole conversation HERE (http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3937335) is a link to a journal I made on FA concerning it, the conversation between me and the user Karja kinda goes over the issues I seen.

Ben
10-18-2012, 10:08 AM
There's actually a thread a little bit down concerning issues with the Collection system! Just to make sure you know, use of the collections system isn't required, as we're still working things out; users are allowed to upload things made for them. Regardless though, we've been listening to user feedback a lot, and this is what we know is being instated:

--Being able to send the artist a collection request instead of the other way around.
--Adding a description to the collection (although the artist should be able to set whether they want to allow the user to add descriptions underneath theirs).

These need to be discussed, but if possible, would be very helpful in strengthening the system:

--Once a submission is in one’s collections, they will get updates about new comments.
--Folders for collections.
--Possibly having it so when a submission goes into someone’s collections, it appears on the front page again.