PDA

View Full Version : NSFW & SFW Accounts

RadioCatastrophe
10-17-2012, 01:07 PM
So browsing through the main page and looking at some of the most recently uploaded submissions I found out there are artists who have created both SFW & NSFW art accounts, now I don't have an issue personally but, I find it a bit weird even silly to have two accounts (on weasyl) with the folder+filtering system in place. Though I do think it's a bit mean to hog accounts like that when it's only the sites beta and others are trying to get in to test it and help out with its development.

I don't know how many artists are doing this and I won't name any names, but, is this sort of thing ok - encouraged even like on sites without a filtering system so artists who are (possibly ashamed) don't wish to have those sort of pieces posted on their main account? Speaking of which.. If this does become an issue on privacy or hiding dirty secrets, as a suggestion to add to uploading submissions we can have the option to opt the submission out of being posted as a featured or most recent upload? Sorta like Scraps on FA or how Nabyn's system is with the character database and guest art submissions.

Fiz
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
It's fine for users to have SFW and NSFW accounts. I mean, personally, I don't get it for the same reasons you mentioned (folders, filtering), but that's just me.

There's the friends system that, I believe, won't show art on the front page (or it shouldn't) and the image is only available for friends of the uploader. Though I think your suggestion is a pretty good idea as well, so that people don't need to use the friends system to bypass the front page.

SFtheWolf
10-19-2012, 10:01 AM
It personally bugs the crap out of me when artists make multiple accounts for any reason, it wastes far too much time needing to chase them around especially with the constant name changes and gallery clearouts some artists compulsively perform. We already have the systems in place to let people see exactly what they want so there shouldn't be any real need for multiple accounts.

RadioCatastrophe
10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
It personally bugs the crap out of me when artists make multiple accounts for any reason, it wastes far too much time needing to chase them around especially with the constant name changes and gallery clearouts some artists compulsively perform. We already have the systems in place to let people see exactly what they want so there shouldn't be any real need for multiple accounts.

To add onto this I noticed premium forum members are allowed to change their name so often, I'd suggest for this to be added to mainsite premium members if it isn't already. I believe this was talked about before in the since it'd be similar to that of dA's current name change system where you'd still retain the URL and name of your previous username so no one could snip it.

Now I must ask with that, what if they change again, would that name become free? I see a trend of naming stealing with this if all names can be retained to a single account and be used to get to that account no matter the current name.

Ryunohito
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
To add onto this I noticed premium forum members are allowed to change their name so often, I'd suggest for this to be added to mainsite premium members if it isn't already. I believe this was talked about before in the since it'd be similar to that of dA's current name change system where you'd still retain the URL and name of your previous username so no one could snip it.

Now I must ask with that, what if they change again, would that name become free? I see a trend of naming stealing with this if all names can be retained to a single account and be used to get to that account no matter the current name.

I'd think only your original name would be kept safe, and any new ones you'd make wouldn't necessarily be saved, cause that'd be ridiculous for one person to just gank a bunch of names and never use half of them